Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Texas Road House

When you walk into Texas Road House there are barrels and barrels of peanuts for you to snack on before you are seated. While you wait you can view the fresh selection of steak through a butcher’s window. Upon seating, you instantaneously receive delicious homemade bread with cinnamon butter. There are so many amazing appetizers such as, buffalo wings, blooming onions, and my favorite, the spectacular chili.

The first time I ever went to this restaurant was in Pennsylvania and I had instantly fallen in love. I always wanted to return to that state, just to eat there. Fortunately, they opened one up here in long island, not too long ago.

Texas Road House has become my favorite place to eat. I enjoy savoring their famous BBQ chicken with ribs and am delighted when the flavor of the fully loaded sweet potato enters my mouth. The satisfaction of the entrĂ©e and appetizer alone has never allowed me to order desert, however I’m sure it’s amazing as well!

Vocabulary
Barrels (noun) – a cylindrical container, traditionally made out of wood
Instantaneously (adjective) – occurring, done, or completed in a very short space of time or moment
Savoring (verb) – to enjoy the taste or odor of a food
Delighted (adjective) – to be pleased or happy
Spectacular (adjective) – an object or thing that is impressive and often thrilling
Satisfaction (noun) – a state of being content or happy

Vocabulary Exercise

Grammar Point: Proper Nouns
A proper noun has two distinctive features: 1) it will name a specific item (person, place, or thing), and 2) it will begin with a capital letter no matter where it occurs in a sentence.

Identify as many proper nouns as you can, using the writing.

2 comments: