Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sebi

I walk into my house and there are toys everywhere! I ask my uncle where my mom is and he says “In the bathroom giving Sebi a bath”. I respond by stating “What a mama’s boy!” All of a sudden my mom runs out the bathroom and starts screaming, “He is not a mama’s boy!”

Excuses for Sebi are always given to me as responses to my questions. For example, if I ask for dinner my mother’s response pertains to feeding Sebi first. I ask where my sweater is and she blatantly states, “Wait! I’m with Sebi!”. I go into her room to kiss her good night and she says, “Hey, don’t wake up Sebi!”.

Now you’re probably thinking, Wow! This girl is really envious of her little brother. I must admit, sometimes I am overcome with jealousy. I come from a household of being raised as an only child. Don’t get me wrong, I do love Sebi, however I’m not talking about a person. I’m talking about my family dog.

Beware, never let my mom hear you calling him a dog. To her, he’s “a baby boy”. He is the most spoiled dog you will ever meet. He follows my mother anywhere and everywhere she goes. I can’t give her a hug or a kiss with out him trying to attack me, because he does not like anyone touching her.

Even though, he may not be so nice to me, the joy he brings to my mother and my family is something beautiful. I will not trade him for anything in the world. I love you Sebi!

Vocabulary
Respond (verb) – to reply or answer in words
Envious(noun)—to be jealous of
Pertains (verb) – to relate to
Blatantly (adjective) – in an unashamed manner
Overcome (verb) – to become affected with
Beware (verb) – to be cautious or careful of
Trade (noun) – to exchange

Vocabulary Exercise
Directions: Please match each vocabulary word to the correct definition.
Grammar Point: Verbs
A verb is a word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence

Identify all of the verbs in the writing.

2 comments:

  1. I love the story of the very spoiled Sebi. Good activities an vocabulary choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parts of the video are very fast. If you use it with students, you can give them the words as well.

    ReplyDelete