Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Welcome to My Blog!

I have never had an opportunity to use technology to blog. It will be a new experience to create writing for the simple enjoyment of expressing myself. Writing has always been one of the many things that I viewed as a requirement for my chosen career as an educator. I am hoping that with this new blog, I will be able to view writing as more than just a requirement and ultimately be able to enjoy it.

I look forward to expressing myself and am hoping you can feel pleasure from getting to know a little more about me.

Let the blogging begin!

Vocabulary
opportunity (noun) -- a chance
to blog (verb) -- to write in a web journal (web + log = weblog = blog)
experience (verb) -- to do or see something or have something happen to you
enjoyment (noun) -- a feeling of happiness
requirement (noun) -- something that is needed or that must be done
ultimately (adverb)-- at the end of a process or a period of time
pleasure (noun)-- a feeling of happiness

Vocabulary Exercise
Directions: Please fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word.
Mary had never had an _________________________ to use the computer ____________________ and express herself. Her ____________________________ with writing has just been in school. She thought that writing was just a _____________________________ and did not know that it could bring her _______________________ and ______________________. _______________________, she was happy to use the computer for this task.

Grammar Point
The sound of a word’s first letter allows you to know whether to use the indefinite article of an instead of a. If a word starts with a vowel sound, you should use an. If the word starts with a consonant sound, you should use a.

Write a sentence for each noun on the vocabulary list and determine whether to use an or a.

Link to information on an and a

1 comment:

  1. Your first blog is about blogging! Well done!

    Good vocabulary and grammar components! I am also glad that you embedded a video in your blog.

    ReplyDelete